Electricity, Light, Illusions
Class activities and Fireworks/Quests
1. Craft – Make beeswax candles
2. Key Points – Game about the history of electricity
3. Collaborative - Make circuits
4. Writing – Make a patent application
5. Math/Logic - Compare Harry Potter measurements to metrics
6. Character Connection – Edison's persistance and his 2,332 patents
7. Big Activity – Gadget dissection
8. Movement - Electricity game
Weekly Disney Days
Experiment with magnets
language concept: The word Electric comes from the Latin electricus, meaning "Amber". Amber was one of the first substances that demonstrated attraction of objects when rubbed (Static Electricity)
Electricity quiz game
Main Street Electrical Parade Math challenge
Experiment wih bending light.
Character connection – Geppetto - Persistance
Discover various light illusions on Haunted Mansion
Standard Disney Days 4/5
1. Craft: Easter Eggs
2. Main key Points - graph temperatures
3. Follow-up Activity – Static electricity experiments
4. Collaboration – Bending Light experiments
1. Experience the deluminator
2. Electricity and light quiz game
3. Create the history of light bulb invention
4. Play hide and seek
5. Build challenge - create different types of electricity and light
Compare pounds to stones and kilograms.
Do some math lessons at AdaptedMind: http://www.adaptedmind.com
Make electricity inventors trading cards and put them in order.
Make squishy circuits: http://lemonlimeadventures.com/lego-inspired-electric-play-dough/
Experiment with static electricity:
Trace the history of the meter. Find out when and how the length of the meter was first established. Explore how the method of establishing the scientific length of the meter has changed over the last 200 years. Write a brief report to present to the class.
Consider what you want to be when you grow up. Can you think of something that can be invented that will improve that industry?