Topic: Asian Invaders
1. Craft – Mongolian Colors Collage
2. Key Points - Invaders
3. Collaborative – War! game
4. Language Arts – Mongolian Messages
5. Math/Logic – Battlegrounds: greater than/lesser than activity
6. Character Connection – Taking Sides: rethinking classic stories
7. Big Activity – Magic Tricks
8. Movement – Bes Tas game from Turkey
Map labeling activity
Battle with the Huns
Build challenge: Attila statue
Park Days at Santa Ana Zoo: https://www.facebook.com/events/479026312918466/
Disneyland meetup: January 31 – Explorers: https://www.facebook.com/events/438347327015581/
2/19 Revolutionary Celebration
Read through the fireworks and choose about five that you think might interest your child. Allow him or her to select 1-3 of them.
Make a map to show the Hun Empire.
Prepare a whole magic show to share with friends and family.
Memorize the countries in Europe.
Make a storyboard that tells the story of Attila's life.
Paint a picture of Attila and his army in the wilderness.
Pretend you are are charging Attila for his crimes. What would they be? Make his “rap sheet.”
What if the Huns had succeeded in taking Rome? What would the world be like today? Write about it.
Pretend you are a Hun in Attila's army. Write a journal entry of a day in the life of a Hun solder.
Make a Lego model of a famous building in Russia.
Dominoes originated in China. Play dominoes or an educational dominoes game: http://www.first-school.ws/theme/printables/dominoes-math.htm